[TowerTalk] 80m dipole on a small lot

Chris BONDE ve7hcb@rac.ca
Tue, 27 Nov 2001 11:05:26 -0800

The advice that I have been given (but have not acted thereon) is to bend
the ends so that the birds see a "Z" for the antenna.
The main part up as high as possible and the braodside thereof to the
direction you want.  If in an inverted "V" or droopy dipole with bent legs
format thennot too much need to worry about the direction of propagation.

I am using a loaded droopy dipole, no bent legs, about the size of a
40mdipole, with apex about 21ft ends 12ft, running NE to SW in SE BC and
have worked all states on 75m.  Admittantly, at times I can not hear some
WA stations but over the year have WASed.  I think that it is mainly the Rx
DSP functions for this end.

Chris opr VE&HCB

At 09:56 AM 2001-11-27 -0500, jerryc wrote:

>Hello TT guys & gals
>I have a modest city lot approx 80' wide with about 50' + usable back yard.
>I have small 40' tower with a 11m 4el yagi at 48'.  I recently picked up a
>160m
>dipole with a 1:1 pro balun at a swap meet.  I don't know how to get the
>160m up in my available space and was considering cutting it to 80m.
>With my short tower,  I don't think I have enough room for that either.  A
>friend suggested that I run
>hang the center from the tower and pull each end toward my wooden fence on
>either side of my yard
>and run the remainder along the fence top (like an inverted v with the ends
>like an "L" .
>I have built verticals, yagis and a few short dipoles but am lost here.
>Any suggestions??
>Thanks in advance
>JerryC
>(about ready for the test)
>jerryc@netscope.net
>

>List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,
>Trylon Titan towers, coax, hardline and more. Also check out our self
>supporting towers up to 100 feet for under $1500!!  http://www.anwireless.com
>
>-----

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----