[TowerTalk] Mail-order metals

EUGENE SMAR SPELUNK.SUENO@prodigy.net
Mon, 1 Oct 2001 22:33:18 -0400

TT:

     This week I'll be busy with last minute arrangements geared toward
hauling the mast and antennas into position on my Trylon tower.  While I was
looking for SS sheet for shim material for the mast bearing and the rotator
sleeve, I learned that my local scrap yard changed its rules on me:  No
public acces for purchasing materials for a year and a half while they
install some kind of behemoth machine.  Bottom line is I had to scramble
this week for other sources.

     In July Brad, N8SNM, told us about www.onlinemetals.com  .  I called
'em and ordered a sample pack of 4 different gauge sheets (for experimenting
with at the rotator) and two custom-cut sheets for installation in the top
bearing.  Total order was for about 85 sq. inches and cost me $13.  No
minimum!  (S&H was $11, though.  Ouch!)  They also carry copper, aluminum,
steel, etc. in rods, sheets, tubes, etc.   All sold in small quantities if
needed.

      FWIW.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F