[TowerTalk] Re: Remove enamel from CU wire

Sylvan Katz jskatz@sk.sympatico.ca
Tue, 09 Oct 2001 09:57:22 -0600

Ooops.

Thanks for all of the responses. I made a small mistake. I should have made
it clear that I intend to leave the enamel on the wire except for a few
spots were I want to make a solder connection.

I guess I was just lazy -- a knife, a file and some sandpaper will do the
job but when I have to do tens of wires I start to look for a less labor
intensive solution :-) Anyway I have been told that enamel is no longer used
... apparently it has been replaced by a resin and there is nothing other
than elbow grease and fire that will remove it.

tnx for all of the wonderful suggestions.

.. sylvan