[TowerTalk] 402 CD Modifications

Dick Flanagan dick@libelle.com
Tue, 9 Oct 2001 21:59:18 -0700

At Tue, 09 Oct 2001 19:20:37 -0500, Tim Duffy <k3lr@k3lr.com> wrote:
> Can someone tell me the size and length of the screws used to modify the
> coil connections on the CushCraft 402CD? The modification uses a through
> the insulator screw in place of the stock self tapping screw.  The screw
> size (#6, #8 or #10) is critical so that the screw size matches the wire
> lug at the coil ends. What is the diameter of the coil form?

The complete Leeson 40-2CD modification article is available on-line at
http://www.qsl.net/w6old/402cd.html.  In Page 6 of that article Dave

"I replaced the loading-coil-terminal plated self-tapped screws with
#10-32 x 1-1/4-inch stainless-steel screws. I drilled and tapped holes
through the aluminum tube and secured the screws with safety nuts."

Following these instructions, including the drilling and taping, will
give the desired results.

73, Dick
--
Dick Flanagan W6OLD CFII Minden, Nevada DM09db
Visit http://www.cvrc.net/