[TowerTalk] [Tower Talk] 10 to 25 ohm feed.

K7GCO@aol.com K7GCO@aol.com
Fri, 12 Oct 2001 05:13:27 EDT

In a message dated 10/11/01 10:58:01 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
info@cal-av.com writes:

<< Ken and all -
 As a matter of interest, the W.W.II wideband, high power balun built into
 the hairpin is used on the (current production) 2D-series of antennas mfg.
 by CAL-AV.  See www.cal-av.com/antennas.html
 73,
 Ken
 ----- Original Message -----
 From: <K7GCO@aol.com>
 To: <towertalk@contesting.com>; <longterm@chatusa.com>
 Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2001 9:11 PM
 Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] [Tower Talk] 10 to 25 ohm feed.

Thanks for the input.  Over the years I've been more and more acceptive of
the hairpin match.  For years I was againt any reduction of the high current
area being canceled from radiating in a hair pin.  But in Eznec I've run many
patterns where the DE was less than a 1/2 wave and more than 1/2 wave and
there was virtually no change in the pattern.   There can be a bandwidth
difference but with a short 50 ohm hairpin it's very close.  No balun is
needed if the coax is run up one side of the hair pin, any R value can be
obtained and there is nothing to saturate.  It's a pretty good match although
not my favorite.  k7gco

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----