[TowerTalk] You're not pointing at me...

Tim Makins, EI8IC ei8ic@eircom.net
Sat, 13 Oct 2001 12:09:42 +0100

Anyone care to comment on this page ???

http://sommerantennas.com/seasonal_variations.html

Its saying that..

 "If your antenna is fixed in one direction, ..... you will notice that your
antenna works perfectly only during fall and spring......... Why is this so?
Ionospheric conditions vary by season. This can cause deviations of up to 45
degrees from the direct path."

If this correct, O Learned Ones ??  Because if so, all those antenna charts
and pointing programs need a calendar built in, and fixed wire beams are
only useful with a wider beamwidth....

Tim, EI8IC

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----