[TowerTalk] loss resistance

Bob Alexander realex@flash.net
Sun, 14 Oct 2001 08:36:58 -0500

Hi Pete,
Losses and feedpoint Z add so they are effectively in series.  Thats why  we
quite often
see a 1:1 SWR at the base of a vertical over poor ground that has no radials
at all or not
enough radials.  Z should be around 34 ohms (1.4:1) over a perfect
ground.  The ground losses add to it bringing the value closer to 50 ohms.
ADD more
radials and the SWR should go up. (without a matching device at the
feedpoint)

73, Bob, W5AH

 .