[TowerTalk] Phasing of 4 in line verticals

Denis Coolican dcoolica@planet.eon.net
Sun, 14 Oct 2001 10:51:04 -0500

I am doing some modeling on an end fire array with 4 in line verticals
for 80 meters. The verticals are spaced 0.25 wavelength apart. I have
modeled them with 90 degree phasing called quadrature feed. That is 0,
-90, -180 and -270 at the feed point.

I read an article by Christman K3LC where he uses a different non
quadrature phasing relationship and gets more gain and a tighter pattern
on the azimuth and the elevation pattern. He has an article in ON4UN Low
Band DX'ing handbook and in May 1992 QST.
Problem is that he does not show how he arrives at the non quadrature
phasing numbers of 0, -116, -232 etc.

Can anyone supply more data on how these results were obtained?

Denis Ve6AQ

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----