[TowerTalk] Is it worth it to move 2El Quad from 50ft to 100ft?????

Mel Martin mel@interlink.net
Fri, 19 Oct 2001 12:07:00 -0400

>Higher is NOT always better....N4KG

If you only have one antenna at a fixed height it is!

Sure, there are circumstances where a lower antenna will outperform a
higher antenna, but a higher antenna gives better access to the longer
paths, where signals tend to be weaker. For DXing, higher is always
better (within reasonable antenna heights) for one antenna installations
(the vast majority).

It's still a good *rule of thumb* for most of us Tom! Obviously, serious
contest stations are a very special case... pretty rare... except on
this reflector, of course ;-)

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,