[TowerTalk] New book on LPDAs

UpTheTower@aol.com UpTheTower@aol.com
Fri, 19 Oct 2001 13:11:47 EDT

    FYI. Here's an interesting new book by one of our own TowerTalkians - the
inimitable L.B. Cebik, W4RNL.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
Tower Tech
TT ADMIN

To: readers@antennex.com
From: info@antennex.com
Subject: New Book About LPDAs
Sender: listmgr@antennex.com

We have just released another band new book by L.B. Cebik, W4RNL all about
the subject of LPDAs. Log periodics number among the least understood
antennas within the amateur community.

LPDA Notes, Volume 1 (Pure LPDAs), looks at the basic properties of pure log
periodic dipole arrays, with special emphasis upon the types of antennas
usually created by radio amateurs. The book begins with a review of LPDA
theory, modeling constraints, and common properties of LPDA performance. The
book then explores the small arrays that radio amateurs generally develop,
examining their limitations and ways to overcome some of them. The final
part of this Volume 1 looks at practical LPDA designs that perform
effectively throughout the upper HF amateur bands, with some notes on
stretching the 20-10-meter range to include 30 meters as well.

We are proud to add this yet another fine book to the antenneX Shopping
Shack BookShelf. For more info, please take a moment to look at:
http://www.antennex.com/Sshack/lpda/lpda1.html

Or, the main menu at the antenneX website Shopping Shack:
http://www.antennex.com/shopping.htm

Thanks for your time!

Jack L. Stone, Publisher
antenneX Online Magazine