[TowerTalk] RE: Yellow Jackets on Tower

David Clemons dave@egh.com
Sat, 20 Oct 2001 20:35:07 EDT

	I've used the sprays that shoot 20 feet with great effectiveness
	around my house.  However, one should read the warning label
	carefully.  You really do not want to breathe the stuff or get it
	in your eyes.  This will be a real possibility if you are
	trying to do this on a tower from 10 feet away as the spray will
	create a fine mist which will filter down on you if you are below
	it.  It almost seems like something you should do at night when
	the yellowjackets are dormant, so that you can get close, soak the
	nest, and then get out of there while you are still holding your
	breath.  Don't forget to protect your eyes, then clean yourself off
	afterward with lots of soap.  Above all, be careful.

73, Dave Clemons K1VUT

Dave Clemons

dave@egh.com
Evans Griffiths & Hart, Inc.