Fw: [TowerTalk] RE: Crappy PL259's

Jimmy Miller JimMiller@STL-OnLine.Net
Sun, 21 Oct 2001 12:08:25 -0500

 I think Mike is on the right track here.  There is a lot of variation in
the
 quality of the connectors BUT what is most likely the problem with getting
 solder to stick to most of them is contamination.

 A good cleaning with flux of alcohol or soap and water or almost anything
 would likely greatly improve the sucess you will have with getting the
 solder to willingly flow to the connector.

 You can bet the machinery that is used in the manufacturer of the
connectors
 uses oil and that the inexpensive connector manufacturers don't take the
 time(money) to clean them before they send them out.

 73, Jim KG0KP

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----