[TowerTalk] RE: Crappy PL259's

Peter Sundberg sm2cew@telia.com
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 19:57:23 +0200

I never solder the shield to the connector. I just cut the outer jacket off
and screw the connector on to the shield and solder the center conductor.
Been doing it for 30 years and have not had a problem no matter what
connectors I use.
This way they are also VERY easy to re use.

Ready to be flamed.. :-))

73/Peter SM2CEW
www.qsl.net/sm2cew

At 17:28 2001-10-22 , you wrote:

>When I do solder connectors to the shield, I use a big soldering
>gun and hit the connector near the holes with a grinder or file before
>soldering.
>
>I never have a problem soldering when I do that, no matter who's
>connectors I am using.
>73, Tom W8JI
>W8JI@contesting.com
>
>List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,
>Trylon Titan towers, coax, hardline and more. Also check out our self
>supporting towers up to 100 feet for under $1500!!  http://www.anwireless.com
>
>-----

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----