[TowerTalk] RE: Crappy PL259's

Don Hall donhall@myriad.net
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 22:45:52 -0500

I'll second Tom's comment on RX vs TX on loose solder joints in PL259. Just
cured an intermittent RX problem on my WARC beam that had plagued me for
several weeks. After checking all over the shack for possible easy fixes
finally got to a PL259 in the coax outside which had the center conductor
solder connection to pin loosened. Replaced the connector with good solder
joints and problem solved.

73  Don  K5AQ

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----