[TowerTalk] Underwater coax

Tom Rauch W8JI@contesting.com
Tue, 23 Oct 2001 20:54:56 -0400

> successfully and it is some really bullet proof cable.  I got burned a
> few years back by buying Belden 9913 within a couple of years, it all
> failed.  Some of the worst cable I have ever owned, so it taught me my
> lesson about "you have to have a name brand!"

I dislike 9913 (I think that is what it was) because the stuff I have is
hollow and fills with water no matter how you seal it when
horizontal.

I wound up using it only for vertical runs that don't flex, so it can
drain and so the conductors don't fail from flexing.

What happened to your cable?
73, Tom W8JI
W8JI@contesting.com

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,