[TowerTalk] C31XR

Larry Stowell lclarks@nc.rr.com
Sun, 28 Oct 2001 22:24:54 -0500

Thanks to all who responded to my cry for help. Some good ideas. This
morning I did the taping of the parallel feed wires from 10 to 20 mtrs
thanks to Sylvan(VE5Zx). He forwarded an e-mail that Natan sent out back in
June 2000. I guess they haven't updated the manual yet as I bought mine in
May this year and it didn't say anything about this. This change did
wonders. I left my numbers at the new house, I'll do some more measurements
tomorrow. I was surprised at all the comments against the 9913FC. At
Guy's(K2AV) suggestion I connected the coax to a dummy load ad the swr was
flat(1:1) all the way past 30mhz. So I think I'll keep it for a while but in
the future I'll get LM400UF. I had ask Force12 about the vertical and 2mtr
beam mounted above and they said that it wouldn't have any effect on the
C31XR.

Thanks again sure is nice to have this group for help

Larry WA2SRY

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----