[TowerTalk] What about hams with small lots???

Ron KA4INM Youvan Ron KA4INM Youvan" <ka4inm@qsl.net
Fri, 31 Aug 2001 20:15:07 -0400

Hi all:

Subject: [TowerTalk] What about hams with small lots???

>        I think 20 to VHF can be accomplished easy enough, but beyond a 2 el
> 40 how do we get antennas to put out a large signal on 40, 80 or 160 and not
> be an alligator (no RX antenna).

  An inverted "V" puts the part of the antenna with the
highest current, highest in the structure and each need
only one high support, two on different bands can be
supported at right angles (and frequently fed from the
same coax, if four anchor points are possible) beams can
be made from two or more, everyone wishing to try the
lower frequency bands without having the real estate to
build other antenna types owes it to themselves to get
a "V" working properly (no trick) and proving it isn't
enough before trying to fit in something bigger that
won't fit.

  If limited area for the anchors is a problem, several
inverted "V"'s can hung one under each other, (common
feed) remember to use a transmitter with low harmonic output.

         73 (= Best Regards) de: (= this is) Ron ka4inm@qsl.net
       Please visit my HAM web site at: http://www.qsl.net/ka4inm

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----