[TowerTalk] True or Not True?

n4kg@juno.com n4kg@juno.com
Mon, 3 Sep 2001 09:51:30 -0600

So far, we've had more posts debating the validity
of the topic than in response to the topic :-)

My guess is that if nothing had been said about it's validity,
the topic would have died out after a couple of pertinent responses.

Personally, I believe that the high current portion of an antenna
is responsible for the majority of the useful radiation which
explains why top loading for verticals and end or outer loading
for dipoles is more efficient and effective than base loading
for verticals or center loading for dipoles.  This is pertinent
information for building effective reduced size antennas
(for small lots :-).

Tom  N4KG