[TowerTalk] Basic question

Dan Simmonds dan@anwireless.com
Mon, 3 Sep 2001 17:07:29 -0400

Hi Don,

That's a question likely to draw many answers. All towers today must meet
the current TIA/EIA-222-F-1996 (soon to be TIA/EIA-222-G) structural
standards. That's pretty much the bottom line. Most of the rest of it is up
to how much you want to spend in your tower and what you need it to handle,
and of course which manufacturer looks to offer the best 'after the sale'
service. All towers have to be 'good' to ever be available to the public for
sale, and they all have to pass the same test of engineering. I'd say look
at who makes 70' crank up's in your case to the specs you need, and go for
the best price.

73, Dan KK3AN
AN Wireless

> It's time to get some aluminum up in the air, so I have been looking at
> various towers.  I'm looking for something around 70', crank-up,
> freestanding, it will initially be used with an antenna with 8.7 sq. ft.
of

http://www.anwireless.com

> -----

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,