[TowerTalk] Horizontal loops

Barry Kirkwood bjk@ihug.co.nz
Tue, 4 Sep 2001 21:36:01 +1200

ZL1MH uses a 520 ft approx horizontal square loop at 40ft with great success
80 -10m.
I used a similar antenna at a vacation site for some years.
No strange problems tuning with Z match tuners were encountered at either
site, indeed they seem very tractable beasts.
I would advise using a length of feedline that went from there to the shack
with any good balanced line tuner before getting into a tizz about remote
tuners or the like.
73

end
Barry Kirkwood PhD ZL1DD