[TowerTalk] Round vs. Flat

Dan Simmonds dan@anwireless.com
Tue, 4 Sep 2001 15:42:07 -0400

Hi Gary,

In your case, you are dealing with round projected surface area. Round
surface area refers to 'round' antenna elements such as on your TH7, and
flat surfaces refer to 'flat' objects such as a windmill or a satellite dish
mounted on the tower with no rounded edges. Round areas will always offer a
larger loading capacity because they are more aerodynamic, and don't present
such a large face to the wind as a flat member would. Trylon is just the
name of the company, same as Rohn.

73, Dan KK3AN

http://www.anwireless.com

> -----