[TowerTalk] Life's small mysteries

Wes Attaway wes@attawayinterests.com
Wed, 5 Sep 2001 08:03:46 -0500

Rick .... I can't stanby by and have you misspell the name of an old
Louisiana standby ..... try TABASCO instead of TOBASCO!  Hot is good!

Wes - N5WA

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-towertalk@contesting.com
[mailto:owner-towertalk@contesting.com]On Behalf Of Rick Dougherty
Sent: Wednesday, September 05, 2001 6:27 AM
To: TowerTalk
Subject: [TowerTalk] Life's small mysteries

I had a hard line connector on my 6 over 6 JA stack that had corroded and
just need some cleaning and re-installation...getting it down on the ground
and closely inspecting it...saw that it was really corroded ...asked
one of the old timers on the repeater what would clean this brass
fitting...his reply...Tobasco Sauce...well I was a
little reluctant to try his theory, but on my next trip to the supermarket,
I purchased a small bottle of Tobasco and set about seeing if it would
clean the hardline connector..I disassembled the connector as much as I
could and soaked it for approx 15 minutes in the Tobasco...a few minutes a
of wiping with a cloth and the connector was good as new!!!

Hot Sauce cleans a hot JA antenna well!!

de Rick nq4i

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,