[TowerTalk] EZ way tower and Mast

n4kg@juno.com n4kg@juno.com
Thu, 6 Sep 2001 09:25:56 -0600

You need some more information before proceeding.

What antennas do you plan to put on this mast?
That will determine how strong your mast needs to be.
You might be able to get away with aluminum if you
only intend to put small VHF antennas on it.  You
need to do a STRESS  ANALYSIS first.

Will the Tower / cable support the TOTAL weight
of the HEAVY  LONG  MAST  PLUS  ANTENNAS
plus ROTOR during the TILT OVER operation?
I would be surprised if the answer is yes.

Will the bottom of the tower and the base of the
tower support the additional Bending Moment
from the antennas placed on the15 ft extension?

My impression of the EZ Way towers is they were
intended for small to medium loads at the TOP of
the tower (NOT above it).  I suspect you are pushing
the capacity of this tower to or above it's maximum
safe load.

Tom  N4KG