[TowerTalk] guy rod angle

Stan or Patricia Griffiths w7ni@easystreet.com
Fri, 07 Sep 2001 13:39:19 -0700

Brad Bradfield wrote:

> But in reality, I suspect that Rohn's +/- 1 degree statement is gross
> overkill, given the fact that the ultimate strength of the guy wire is
> by far much, much less than the breaking strength of the guy anchor
> rod.  I'm really pretty surprised that they even go so far as to make
> this precise +/- 1 degree statement given their necessity to cover
> themselves against product liability claims.
>
> Boy, we sure cleaned out the old cobwebs answering this one!
>
> 73,
>
> Brad, W5CGH
> Brad Bradfield, PE

I suspect that making the statement as a precise + or - 1 degree is exactly HOW
Rohn is covering their butt.  They know that nobody can or will install any of
these guy anchors with that precision so, therefore, nobody has or will follow
their advice.  If installers of towers don't follow their advice, how can they
be held responsible?

Stan
w7ni@easystreet.com

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,