[TowerTalk] Mystery tilt-over, telescoping pole.

tttt ccccc k3hx@juno.com
Sat, 8 Sep 2001 12:51:11 -0400

I would be grateful if someone could identify a tilt-over, telescoping
pole I've come

across.  Need mostly ratings and the true length of the support pole.

The telescoping part consists of a square steel tube 2 5/8" (outside) on
a side 20'

1.5" long.  There is a pivot hole about 1" from the base.  It has a
hand-cranked winch

mounted 25" above the pivot hole. The telescoping pole extends @18' 9.5"
and is

a round tube 2.25" OD.

The support pole is also 2 5/8" square tubing but the base end has been

torched off.  The remainder is 56.25" long with the mount

for the telescoping pole pivot 9.25" from the torched off end.    A
platform with a

hand-operated winch is at the top and a holding plate (a piece of 2" wide
by .25 thick

plate which bolts onto "ears" welded to the support pole) mount about 4"
beneath

the winch.  There are no markings on the device.

I need to know the original length of the support pole and what kind of
load one

might put on the extended tube.

Advance Thanks,

Tim  K3HX

CW Elitist

QRP Snob (except on 160 where I'm an amp-running philistine.....HI!)

Old Fart

20 WPM Extra