[TowerTalk] D40 & TH6 same mast (+other bands?)

Mike & Coreen Smith ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca
Sat, 8 Sep 2001 16:10:47 -0300

Hi All.
Over 90 degrees here in NB today. (hot for VE9 land!)
Just got done installing a CC D40 40m dipole(@54') about 12' above my TH6
and 4' below a long boom 6m beam on my tower.
Top of tower ~42'
D40 ~54'
6m beam ~58'

Haven't even put a PL-259 on the end of the coax yet.....water break!

Wonder if anyone has a similar setup and if they could comment on the
performance of their system please?

I stuck the end of the coax into my MFJ-259 (crude I know, but I was
excited) and I see it dips down to nearly 1:1 @ 7.040 MHz (a shade low, but
I am not taking it down now).

Also seems to be  1.7->2.1: 1 dips ROUGHLY around 18MHz and 21Mhz and
50.4MHz that could prove useable.

Anyone used their D40 on any other bands 'sides 40M?

Thanks much!  I'll let you know tmw how it compares to a full size delta
loop @ 55' hung in a Maple tree (NE/SW)

 de VE9Antenna Antenna, Mike

Michael, Coreen & Corey Smith

(VE9AA,  VE9AAA & Baby-VE9)