[TowerTalk] Delta (Quad) Loop Polarization

K3BU@aol.com K3BU@aol.com
Sun, 9 Sep 2001 23:20:46 EDT

In a message dated 9/9/01 7:54:27 AM Eastern Daylight Time, 2@vc.net writes:

>  //  I saw a demonstration on an antenna range which showed that a FW loop
>  does not have both both horizontal and vertical components of either the
>  E-field or the H-field.  Cross polarization isolation was equal to that
>  of a dipole.

Rich,
Where was it fed? Your last sentence implies it was fed horizontally (like a
dipole)? In that case your statement is true, quad loop behaves like the
horizontal dipole.

I have modeled quad loops for dual polarization (H and V) and contrary to
W8JI claims and others, they have dual polarization components nicely filling
nulls in the pattern of the "other" polarization. I had 3 el. dual
polarization quad mounted over salt water on the boat ramp, half wave up, 90%
of the time beating 4 square over "salty beach sand."

Yuri K3BU, VE3BMV, VE1BY

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----