[TowerTalk] Thrust bearing

tttt ccccc k3hx@juno.com
Tue, 11 Sep 2001 10:16:50 -0400

OM,

I used an automotive  clutch "throw-out" bearing.

If you can find a patient  parts store clerk (try a NAPA store) a
suitable device

can be found as you will have to try a number to find one with the proper
sized

hole.

The bearing is a very heavy duty "lazy susan" bearing and will need to be
welded

to some manner of adaptor plate.  Weather was not a problem as I painted
mine and

it held up fine as long as it was up.

73

Tim  K3HX

CW Elitist

QRP Snob (except on 160 where I'm an amp-running philistine)

Old Fart

20 WPM Extra