[TowerTalk] Anyone ever make large LOG antenna to cover 10-30?

David L. Thompson thompson@mindspring.com
Wed, 19 Sep 2001 15:17:01 -0400

I have a Hy-Gain catalog from the late 60's that has all the big LPA's.
Some go as low as 3Mhz with big booms.
It also has all the ham antennas listed along with the original commercial
long johns made by hy-gain.  I saw the stack of long johns at K7UGA in 1974
when I visted his shack. These were definitely not 205BA types.  They were
mounted on the Hy-Gain version of the big bertha rorating mast.

The prices on the bigger LPA's were "upon request".  I had a friend who
worked for the FAA and they bought the big LPA (one was mounted in Atlanta
near the airport) and they ran nearly $30,000.

Dave K4JRB

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----