[Towertalk] Source for masts?

K7LXC@aol.com K7LXC@aol.com
Mon, 1 Apr 2002 09:00:43 EST

In a message dated 3/31/02 4:45:18 PM Pacific Standard Time, n9en@voyager.net
writes:

> According to the map in my Rohn catalog, I am in a "B Zone."

    The Zone charts are old. The more current and accurate local windspeed
info is at  <A HREF="http://www.championradio.com">www.championradio.com</A>
under Tech Notes.

    What is your windspeed rating?

>  While on the subject of calculations, would you
>  happen to know the square footage area of a HyGain
>  204BA that has been shortened for 17 meters? I used
>  HyGain's element dimensions and assembled one of their
>  204BA antennas for 17 meters. My boom length for this
>  antenna is 20' 10" - just long enough to handle the four
>  elements and no more.

    Where is the antenna going to go on the mast - at the top of the tower or
at the top of the mast or what? Any other antennas on the mast?

    As far as the square footage of your 17M antenna, since the elements have
been slightly shortened but the boom is the same I'd use the original figure
- it's close enough.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH -
Professional tower services for amateurs