[Towertalk] Antenna choices in a restricted neighborhood

n4kg@juno.com n4kg@juno.com
Mon, 1 Apr 2002 14:39:16 -0600

Yep, reflectors can be lined up in band order with virtually
no destructive interaction.  I built a 12, 15, 17 2L reflector
Yagi using a 17M DE fed with ladderline and separate
reflectors.  Also, look at the F12 C3S and the new XR5.

Tom  N4KG

On Mon, 1 Apr 2002 13:02:14 EST N4CW@aol.com writes:
> In a message dated 04/01/2002 10:57:41 AM Eastern Standard Time,
> n4kg@juno.com writes:
>
> << If you like, you can line up REFLECTORS for each band
>  with 0.15 WL spacing to get directivity on each band
>  without interaction.  >>
> Hey, Tom! So, you're saying if I start out with a trap dipole, I
> should be
> able to put a bunch of reflectors behind it? I'll try modelling that
> with a
> dipole as the driven element on 10 and add a reflector at 0.15
> wavelength.
> Then I'll add to that configuration a reflector for 15 meters,
> spaced .15
> wavelength (on 15)  and see if that impacts the 10 meter pattern.
> I'll then
> add a 20 meter reflector and see if the 10 meter pattern is
> impacted.
> If it works out as you suggested, then I'll substitute the dipole
> with one
> for 15, then one for 20 and see how it all works out. Finally, I'll
> parallel
> three dipoles (one for each band) as driven elements and see where
> that goes.
> I'm not certain about the practicality of the design, but it'll be
> fun
> putzing around with it.
> 73, Bert N4CW

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!