(Re: [Towertalk] near tragedy) add. question "end of life"

Bill Coleman aa4lr@arrl.net
Tue, 2 Apr 2002 09:36:06 -0500

On 3/31/02 1:26 PM, Philip Florig at W9IXX@arrl.net wrote:

>My question
>is at what point is the belt/equipment worn out.   I assume when
>the leather is cracked and/or the stitching frayed that should be
>retired.

If the belt uses leather -- isn't that an indication that it is worn out?
Do modern climbing belts use leather at all?

I bought a full harness 1.5 years ago from Champion Radio. All polymer
webbing, metal and plastic. No leather.

Frankly, a good climbing harness and safety lanyards are so cheap
(compared to the expense of the tower and antennas) there's no excuse not
to get good ones.

            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901