[Towertalk] Grounding mast to tower

Pete Goudreau goudpj@mac.com
Thu, 4 Apr 2002 20:42:26 -0600

n4kg@juno.com wrote:

> On Wed, 3 Apr 2002 Pete Goudreau <goudpj@mac.com> writes:

>> And, yeah, a background in physics it is.

>> Thanks for the help, Pete, AD5HD

> I thought so. That makes it 2 for 2 in spotting the physicists on TT
> :-)

Oooh, close but no cigar, sorry...:-)

Degree in Engineering Physics back in <mumble>, administered by
Engineering, not Physics Dept., and currently working as a EE in
electro-optics for a telecom company.  And pretty handily designing
ultra-low jitter - and cheap - PLLs, too :-)

> Most engineers stop their analysis when they reach the point where
the
> design is 'good enough' to meet requirements.

Yeah, and that's why they're in the lab for weeks, nay, months on end
hacking their poorly analyzed designs into "existence" whilst I,
ahem, am comfortably ensconced at the nearest Starbucks, pissing the
afternoon away.  <yuk yuk>

Make friends?  Sure, no problem, where'd I leave them spare parts?

> Physicists keep going until EVERYTHING is explained and accounted
for.

That's why we get paid the big bucks.  How else am I gonna pay fer
that overpriced java?

> Tom N4KG (MSEE)

Have a good one,
Pete, AD5HD