[Towertalk] Reqest Help - Tower Zoning Rulemaking

KD4OL@aol.com KD4OL@aol.com
Fri, 5 Apr 2002 06:01:40 EST

Fellow Amateurs,

The local municipality in which I reside is attempting to modify their
existing amateur radio tower ordinance to make it far more restrictive.

I am looking for good, empirical sources of information that would support
the notion that when a tower fails that it falls within a shorter radius than
the height of the tower.  This would support the notion that the tower would
not to be required to be set-back 100% from the property lines.

The local amateur radio club is working with the local municipal authorities.
 Please advise via email if you can help.with empirical data on where towers
really fall in the event of their failure.

Thank you,
Hank Smith, KD4OL
Virginia

multipart/alternative