[Towertalk] tower falling faillures

K7LXC@aol.com K7LXC@aol.com
Fri, 5 Apr 2002 12:26:53 EST

alwilliams@olywa.net writes:

>  I have a tape "S.B.E. CONCERNS WHEN BUILDING TOWERS...."
>       which addresses this subject.  However, it and all other
>       coverage that I have seen concern guyed towers.  What
>       has happened to free-standing towers including crankups?

    First the Society of Broadcast Engineers ain't interested in crank-ups;
and free-standing towers are height-limited so they're way in the minority
when it comes to tower structures.

    Second, is there any new info in the tape that us TowerTalkians should
know? Or is it just the same stuff we've been discussing for the last six
years?

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH -
Professional tower services for industry and amateurs