[Towertalk] Glen Martin Towers

nkeane4 nkeane4 <nkeane4@comcast.net>
Mon, 08 Apr 2002 23:16:03 -0400

Since I am not a climber ( have a fear of it and getting too old) of have
been looking into 2 alternatives for a person like myself. The first one
being the Glen Martin tower with the Hazer. I am thinking of either the
18-40 or 18-50 and wonder what experiences people have had with them both
pro and con and if there are any considerations I should take into account.
The 2nd option would be the 4'tilt over mechanism by Heights towers in FL. I
have a Universal Free standing tower and I believe that there is some sort
of adapter plate that would allow me to use the Universal Tower on the
Heights tilt over mechanism since the Heights and Universal are so very
similar. Again I would be thinking of putting up a 50' tower that would tilt
over at about 4' off the ground and allow me to work on an antenna or change
it for that matter. I hate to have to depend on somebody doing my climbing
and they probably wouldn't do it to my liking anyway hi!. Any thoughts or
suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you Norm W8KNH