[Towertalk] Tower Help

Phil pbh@cfl.rr.com
Wed, 10 Apr 2002 00:26:45 -0400

Hi All,

This is my first post to this forum, it was suggested to me to ask my
questions here. First of all I really know very little about self
standing towers. When I moved in to our home here in Daytona Beach there
is a 20 foot self standing tower on the south side of the house. The
antenna on top of the tower works well for receiving WESH channel 2 out
of Orlando. The other central Florida stations that I would like to be
able to receive are CBS, FOX, ABC, and UPN. At this point in time they
are all sending a digital signal in the UFH band. This is so I can get
the best pitcher possible no my HDTV.

The furthest station away is about 60 mils away. I would very much like
to put up a tower about 30 feet high with a good hi-gain antenna and
rotor. I do knot know weather it would be better to start with a new
tower or add another section to the one I have. I have no idea who made
the tower so getting a rotor plate will not be easy.

Is there anyone in the Daytona Beach, FL area that would like to take a
look at my tower setup and advise me on what changes would be need to my
tower and antenna for peek performance.

Although I do hold an amateur radio license my expertise is doing level
1 and level 2 tech support for cable modems.

Sincerely,
Phil
N2FHP