[Towertalk] Equipment enclosures

BobK8IA@aol.com BobK8IA@aol.com
Wed, 10 Apr 2002 08:41:52 EDT

>Hi all,

I am in the market for an equipment enclosure.=A0 I'm interested
in one of the Rohn concrete=A0 or steel structures.=A0 I'm sure they are
expensive. Just how expensive are they?=A0=A0 Can you find one used
or at auction?

Ideas?

Ken AB5A
----------------------------------------------------------------------------=
--

-------------------------------------

Ken;

Somewhere here I have a spreadsheet outlining shelter costs for a project I=20
am consulting on that has 185 shelters, approx 12'X20' thru 16'X28". These=20
are mfr by Miller-Telecom in Indiana (Rohn has priced themselves out of the=20
market in the past decade, shelters anyway).=20

I recall numbers in the mid-$20K range depending on what you want=20
prewired/installed etc inside. And they come prefab so you need a crane for=20
offloading and foundation setting etc. Way more $ and bother than the=20
shipping container options mentioned by others here.

I'll check the prices later today.

73, Bob K8IA
Michigan USA

multipart/alternative