[Towertalk] ???? The best way to match a driven element on yagi?

Donald L Kerouac k9nr@juno.com
Thu, 11 Apr 2002 10:28:20 -0500

I like a  T or Beta match.  Unbalanced matching sections such as the
gamma are generally avoided on high performance VHF beams.  Popular
theory is that the unbalanced matching section will radiate a bit and
skew a carefully designed pattern.  I not sure if this has been proven
through careful experimentation or if it is assumed.  Anyone out there
have some good data on the subject?
73...Don, K9NR