Fw: Re: [Towertalk] AB 368 Amateur Radio Antenna protection Act

Frank C Travanty w9jcc@juno.com
Thu, 11 Apr 2002 12:57:53 -0700

Sorry about that,
The text of the one page letter is below.

Frank,
   Attachments get stripped from the list before forwarding.

Chuck

Frank C Travanty wrote:

> For those of you interested in tower restrictions - a small step
forward
> in Wisconsin.  Attachment is in Microsoft Word. To open click "Open
File
> Now" \ Options \ Remove all Merge Info"
>
> Towertalk mailing list
> Towertalk@contesting.com

Charles L. Mills, CCNP
Network Analyst
University of Pittsburgh Network Services
3943 O'Hara St. Room B-3 OEH
Pittsburgh, PA 15260
Voice: (412) 624-6030 Fax: (412) 624-4774
April 10, 2002

Dear Friend:
Thank you for taking the time to contact my office regarding Assembly
Bill 368 (AB 368), also known as the Amateur Radio Antenna Protection
Act.  I appreciate your thoughts and concerns.
You will be pleased to know I signed AB 368 into law on April 2, 2002.
As you know, AB 368 states political subdivisions must reasonably
accommodate amateur radio communications and must not unnecessarily
hamper the placement or height of amateur radio antennas and their
towers.  The language of AB 368 mirrors the Federal Communications
Commission’s “reasonable accommodation” doctrine of 1985.
Wisconsin's amateur radio operators, or “hams,” provide a valuable backup
for traditional public safety communications systems.  Amateur radio
enthusiasts have worked closely with the Red Cross, the Salvation Army,
local emergency governments and law enforcement agencies after public
emergencies and natural disasters.  The volunteerism of amateur radio
operators has been crucial in the aftermath of disasters all over the
state; including last spring’s flooding on the Mississippi River and last
summer’s Siren tornado.  The events of September 11th further demonstrate
the need for an adequate backup communications network.
Again, it was my pleasure to sign AB 368 into law.  Thank you again for
taking the time to contact my office.
Sincerely,
Scott McCallum
Governor

SM/jmr
Document3

Frank C Travanty wrote:

> For those of you interested in tower restrictions - a small step
forward
> in Wisconsin.  Attachment is in Microsoft Word. To open click "Open
File
> Now" \ Options \ Remove all Merge Info"

> multipart/mixed
>   application/msword
> ---

Charles L. Mills, CCNP
Network Analyst
University of Pittsburgh Network Services
3943 O'Hara St. Room B-3 OEH
Pittsburgh, PA 15260
Voice: (412) 624-6030 Fax: (412) 624-4774

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---