[Towertalk] Tower Manufacturer

K7LXC@aol.com K7LXC@aol.com
Mon, 15 Apr 2002 21:18:27 EDT

In a message dated 4/15/02 5:52:08 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
packet@mindspring.com writes:

> I've just become the proud (well maybe) owner of a 100 foot triangular self
>  supporting tower. It looks to be about 15-20 years old (some surface rust),
>  but in fairly good shape. What I'm wondering is, who the heck made this
>  thing? It arrived in 20 foot sections, and the legs are solid steel with
>  welded angle bracing between the legs. The sections join with a 4 bolt pad
>  on each leg. The bottom section's face begins at approx. 2.5' per face, and
>  tapers to approx. 2 feet at the top. The remaining sections taper at about
>  the same ratio with the exception of the top section which is approx. 14
>  inches per face w/o taper. Might anyone have a clue as to this beast's
>  origin?

    Well, this is generic tower construction so there's not much to
distinguish one from another.

    There are DOZENS of tower manufacturers so unless there are some markings
on the tower, its identity will be shrouded in mystery.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH