[Towertalk] Advice on Re-doing My Antennas

n4kg@juno.com n4kg@juno.com
Tue, 16 Apr 2002 17:21:00 -0600

Ordinarily, I would recommend placing a 40M dipole
parallel to the Elements of a tribander to avoid interaction
with an end loaded boom.  A 24 ft boom with 20M elements
is self resonant very near 40M.  A second advantage for
this configuration is that all antennas will be aimed in
the same direction.

Since you have a C3SS with insulated elements on a short
(12 ft) boom, you could probably realize less interaction with
the 40M dipole parallel to the boom.  This is NOT the case
for grounded element beams, especially with longer booms.

Tom N4KG