[Towertalk] AlfaSpid Rotor (was Re: Another Heavy Duty rotator...)

VE6JY Don Moman VE6JY Don Moman" <ve6jy@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca
Sun, 21 Apr 2002 01:20:00 +0100

Thank you for your interest. The site also has a recently updated FAQ that
should answer many of the questions we have been getting.
The direct link to the FAQ is at:
http://alfaradio.ca/alfaspid-faq-2002-04-20.html
There are also a few new pictures of the rotor and the internal components.
The manual is also on line there as well.  http://alfaradio.ca/alfaspid.html

While a number of the rotors have been sold in Western Canada, spring has
been late in coming and good antenna weather has been real scarce; therefore
I can't refer you to a large user base out there - yet! As is pointed out on
the site I have one turning a 3 element 40m yagi (full size home brew 40
foot boom and rather heavy) , this was installed in late February. It
handles it well.  This same antenna found the weak link - the small main
drive gear - in my otherwise heavy duty Wilson WR-1000 rotor. I have another
turning a 48' boom 10m 7 el yagi, this has been up since last November.
The lengthiest example I can provide is a local amateur VA6RC who has had
one up
for 3 years turning a TH-11. They have all been trouble free.

If you are planning to attend Dayton please stop by the Alfa Radio booth (#
205) and check it out up close. Our website pricing ($US 530) is good from
now through to the end of the Hamvention. Current availability is production
limited, but we have 25 units expected near the end of April, and more to
follow. Approximately half of these units are already spoken for.

73 Don
VE6JY