[Towertalk] Millen GDO

Gary D Elliott k7ox@pipeline.com
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 19:29:18 -0000

Hello TT

I am unable to use my MFJ259 to measure my 160 meter shunt feed tower due to
a local strong AM BC Station running 50 KW within 6 miles of me.  I bought a
MFJ 731 filter/wave trap and even that wouldn't work with my MFJ259.  Sooooo
figured I would do it the old fashion way and drug out my old Millen 90651
GDO to dip out the tower.... The tube is bad or at least no filament... Of
course can't find my manual on the GDO but the tube I believe is a 9002 and
if remember right it was a triode.... Anybody know where I could find this
tube or does somebody have a tube substitution handbook that could tell me
if I could use something else ?

73 Gary K7OX