[Towertalk] WARC Band Beam and TriBand beam

Tom Anderson ww5l@gte.net
Fri, 26 Apr 2002 16:00:21 -0500

I have been reading the various messages about 40m beams and 10-15-20 tribanders
with interest, but I've got one question.  Are there any noticeable interaction
problems between a tribander and the various small 12 & 17 meter WARC band
beams?

I've got a Mosley Classic 33 WARC which just has a rotatable dipole on the WARC
bands, but one of the small 3-element WARC beams, usually 10 ft or less boom
length, would seem to offer enhanced performance over the dipole, 0 db gain for
the dipole, vs 6-9 db claimed gain for the small WARC beams made by various
manufacturers.  Currently I use a 15 ft. .125 inch wall steel mast with the
Mosley about six inches above the thrust bearing on a TriEx WT51 50 foot crankup
and a Cushcraft AR270 2m/440 vertical on top of the mast to access the local DX
packet cluster.

I'm sure the best thing to do might be to just scrap the Mosley and get a 5 band
beam of some type that had multiple WARC band elements?

Tom, WW5L