[Towertalk] HyGain controller

Barrie Smith barrie@centric.net
Sun, 28 Apr 2002 12:50:40 -0600

Last evening my old Pro Search Ham IV rotator controller gave up the ghost.
I have a Hygain DCU-1 controller that was not in use, so I installed it.

It works just fine as far as rotating the beams, but the indication is 180
degrees off (when the antennas are pointed North, the controller indicates
South, and vice-versa).

I'm thinking that the wires from the pot in the rotator are in reverse
order, as far as the DCU-1 is concerned, relative to the Pro Search
controller.  (North was North, and South was South with the Pro Search.)

Lacking a schematic, and hoping to avoid smoke, any ideas?

TNX, Barrie, W7ALW