[Towertalk] F12 announcement

K7LXC@aol.com K7LXC@aol.com
Tue, 30 Apr 2002 00:30:40 EDT

>From Natan, W6XR/2 --

>>  Friends,

If you attended the Visalia, California festivities this last weekend
you may have seen two new products we were showing, the SV-5 and the
XR-7.  As both of these products shown were very early pre-production
units, with engineering not yet completed, specifications and final
pricing are not yet available, however, I wanted to let the list know
about our new toys.

SV-5    The SV-5 is a CC&R friendly antenna closely related to our Sigma
5 but with a TV type yagi on the top.  We've limited the height of this
antenna and perched a lovely grouping of aluminum on the top only to
receive your local TV station if needed.  Is this a TV antenna that
works on the 20 through 10 meter bands or is it a ham band antenna that
receives TV signals?  It's both!

XR-7    The XR-7 (in this stage of development) consists of a XR-5 with
an 8' boom extension and a Sigma 80/40 single element addition.  The
single element 80/40 is a new design for us and uses a relay box to
switch from 80 to 40 and is a cousin to the Sigma design we use on 40
and 80 now.  The final version of this antenna is several months away
but we'll be working to speed things along after Dayton as our testing
schedule allows.  The completion of this design will give us a solution
to those who want a single boom 80, 40, 20, 17, 15, 12, 10 meter antenna
in a reasonable size factor with a 26' boom..

Regards,

Natan W6XR
Force 12 East
Ithaca< NY