[Towertalk] 25GSSB New? Baseplate

Jim White k4oj@tampabay.rr.com
Thu, 01 Aug 2002 23:28:04 -0400

this is how heavy equipment is installed in commercial buildings, big
air-conditioning handlers, etc.  ... then

what is called grout is added under the plate...

grout is a very flowable version of "concrete" - a small form is made on
top of the pour and the grout is then mixed and placed into that form ...

grout is VERY fluid and will flow into even the center of your plate ...
once it sets you will have the weight being able to be spread out over a
large area ...

just prior to doing the grout verify not that the plate itself is level
- not by checking it - but, by installing the first section of tower and
making sure that IT is plumb! there may be small irregularities in the
length of the plate's stubs that slip into the legs or their welding
which could translate to the plate itself being level but the tower
section being crooked - which is really what this is all about!

K4OJ