[Towertalk] Interaction of Verticals

n4kg@juno.com n4kg@juno.com
Tue, 6 Aug 2002 19:53:41 -0600

Interaction between the verticals is not the only problem.

A grounded tower with Yagi's on top WILL act as a
non-resonant reflector for 40 and 80M verticals.
I've seen this problem with 50 and 70 ft spacing on 80M.

The 40M vertical will be invisible to the 80M vertical.
The 80M vertical may or may not interact with the 40M
vertical, depending on the impedance (at 7 MHz) between
the base of the vertical and ground / radials.

I still think the MFJ 1792 is an interesting alternative vertical
for 80 / 40M (with admittedly narrow bandwidth on 80M) at a
an attractive price.

Tom  N4KG

p.s.  Please include your callsign with your signature.