[Towertalk] NEED INFO ON HY-TOWER WIND SURVIVAL

Ed Juge/NM Ed Juge/NM" <ed@juge.org
Wed, 7 Aug 2002 20:45:49 -0600

Hi, guys...

Been off this reflector for a while.  Life has been crazy.

My wife and I are fighting our local Planning and Zoning board for approval
to put two Hy-Gain Hy-Towers on a lot we just bought.  About the only
objection we haven't been able to overcome yet... and it promises to be a
big one at our next appearance... is wind survival.

Our lot is subject to high winds.  Every few years, they get one 75+ MPH,
which is the book survival rating.  One of my HTs has survived 110 mph at
least two times without a hint of damage... not even bending.  But that's
me.  I need as many testamonials as I can get to take into the P&Z from
owners who have seen their Hy-Towers survive winds in excess of 75 MPH.

I need an email with the details AND with your name, address and phone
number so P&Z can be sure I'm not typing them up myself.

I sure would appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks very much... Ed Juge, W5EJ
ed@juge.org